VULNERABILITY CONVERSATION REMINDERS - CLICK IMAGE FOR MORE DETAILS IN A NEW WINDOW.
Most headaches will go away on their own and are not a sign of something more serious. Headaches can last between 30 minutes and several hours.
- drink plenty of water
- get plenty of rest if you have a cold or the flu
- try to relax – stress can make headaches worse
- exercise when you can
- take paracetamol or ibuprofen
- drink alcohol
- skip meals (even if you might not feel like eating anything)
- sleep more than you usually would – it can make the headache worse
- strain your eyes for a long time – for example, by looking at a screen
SIGNPOST TO SUPPORT
More information is available at:
Headache Management System
Self help information is available at:
The purpose of the BASH Headache Management System for Adults is to provide a simple, safe and standardised approach which can be used in real time to help manage the majority of common headache conditions.